Saturday, December 3, 2011
christmas is coming...
i love christmas and i love the month of december (meredith shares the feeling as you can see in her recent post). i wish it snowed in murcia. i remember bryn (my best childhood friend from louisville) and i used to sit by her fireplace and make lists of everything we wanted to do in december so we didn't miss out on any holiday cheer. our lists usually looked something like this...
1. drink hot cocoa by the fire
2. make homemade christmas cards
3. sing as many christmas carols as possible (this includes learning all of the lyrics to every carol we could think of)
4. make a snowman
5. go sledding
6. wrap presents
7. decorate the tree
8. watch favorite christmas movies (miracle on 34th street, christmas vacation, christmas vacation, home alone, claymation christmas classics)
9. make and decorate wish list
10. bake christmas cookies
11. admire christmas lights on neighborhood houses
i'm going to do the same this year. i have to omit numbers 4, 5, 7, and 11 (4 and 5 due to lack of snow, 7 due to lack of tree and 11 due to the abundance of people who don't decorate their houses in Spain)
i'm going to add the following.
1. drink spiced wine
2. knit by the fire
3. watch "love actually" as many times as possible
4. learn new spanish and french christmas carols
6. sing villancicos with the family and my colleagues at school
7. attend lots of christmas lunches
8. read a christmas carol
9. eat roasted chestnuts
now i'm going to listen to this and knit a bit. enjoy the photos. i think they are beautiful (they're all from pinterest...if they are yours tell me so i can give you credit)
p.s. we are going to london for 4 days at the end of december. i'm so excited. any advice on things we should see or do?